August 29, 2009

Ride Report 8/29

36 miles total, 31 mile group ride with Sacramento Wheelmen

On my Wednesday ride with the Sacramento Wheelmen, I was told about a beginners ride on Saturday mornings, so I set out to meet them. Unfortunately, Discovery Park has a ridiculous number of parking lots, so we almost missed them. There were only four other riders. The pace this time was finally within my abilities, and we averaged about 15-16mph up the trail to Bella Bru at Five Points. I have an Odwalla juice and half a blueberry muffin and listen to the Wheelmen trade accident/flat tire stories.

The food turns out to be a bad idea, when halfway back my stomach starts to rebel over the food, heat and exercise combination. I now feel better about being so picky about my riding snack choices. In spite of my stomach's complaints, I make it back home in one piece and suck down a Diet Coke, jump in the shower and then relax to a Paris Roubaix documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment