September 1, 2009

Ride Report 8/30

30.1 mile partnered ride ARBT Guy West Bridge to Sunrise & back

I still feel a little wiped out from the heat yesterday and from having to get up early (8:00am--hey, I do work swing shift!) two days in a row. I'm still fussing with seat positioning/hand numbness to see if I can resolve the issue. My right hand and elbow are definitely feeling effects of my flip over the handlebars. So, I am not at my best, but I practice drafting and manage to keep up when T pushes it to 20mph for a short period.

As with yesterday, I feel worst when my heartrate creeps up around 170, as if I just don't have any reserves to pull from. I am happy with the way the Gatorskins corner, though, especially since they look as if they have no tread whatsoever. Three days without a flat. A new record for me.

On the way back, the wind comes at us from an angle, so I practice finding the dead spot and drafting to the side. I probably look like a squirrely newbie to the other cyclists on the path as I drift back and fort seeking the magical windless spot. Like I'm not used to looking like an idiot on the trail by now...

One of the cyclists we pass both ways on the path is a teenager on a nice Specialized road bike and who is wearing nice gear. His form is spazzy, but it is nice to see someone so young getting into the sport nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment