August 3, 2009

Ride Report 8/3

20 miles in 1:32 on the hybrid

Today is a recovery day, so I don't push myself at all. Still, I have a nice tailwind on the way north along the Steelhead Creek bike path. I try not to be a snob about riding in the large chainring, and downshift to the middle chainring for the ride back in a headwind. I check my pedal RPMs against the timer on the cycling computer and downshift if my pedal rate is too low. This is a far cry from the biking I did a few years ago on my Iron Horse Outlaw Pro (I still miss you, baby!), when I went for the highest gear in which I could pedal. My knees and lower back thank me for my change in perspective.

It is nice to hop on the hybrid with minimal wardrobe adjustments, but do miss the clipless pedals when it comes time to go uphill. I suppose I am becoming a convert to road biking, although I do wish someone would do something about the road saddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment