September 23, 2009

Ride Report 9/23

55.6 mile group ride Sacramento to Davis & back via long detour West Sac

I can't tell if I'm getting a cold or just having a bad allergy attack today. Regardless, I set out to join the Wednesday morning Sacramento Wheelmen ride. We take a fairly direct route to South Davis with a fairly large group of about eight. The rest of the group goes for breakfast at Cindy's while I run errands in Davis (pick up my contacts, license the Trek & buy a tiny cable lock, bigger seat wedge, and a bell). On my way back, I see the group leaving Cindy's and just manage to catch them. We take a meandering ride back through West Sacramento and some really beautiful housing developments. I can't help but wonder what the occupancy rate is, given the economy, though. I manage to eat both my Odwalla bars on the go, not having stopped to eat in Davis. I never knew Jefferson Blvd was this long, and after a few decades, we finally make it back to W Capitol Blvd and back to downtown Sacramento. I decide it must be allergies because I managed to bike that far and not collapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment