September 1, 2009

Ride Report 9/1

28.2 miles* in 2hrs north bike path to Elverta & back

More fussing with the seat position. I pay more attention to my form today, making sure I keep a bend in my elbow, straighten my back and stay on the rear of the saddle. It seems to work, since I have minimal hand irritation and I can't rule out lingering injuries from my fall on Friday since it's my right hand that gets numb and my right elbow that is far stiffer than my left.

My goal is to maintain 17mph+ the entire way, but this path crosses so many surface streets, I don't average anywhere near that, though I do keep my speed up on the long stretches between roads.

No records set today, although I have to hussle back home and shorten the planned ride (I intended to tack on a few miles by looping out to Discovery Park) to meet a man about selling a dog crate.

*I finally realized today that I have not recalibrated my cycling computer to the new tire width, so I have no idea if that affects my mileage calculations since I installed the Gatorskins.

No comments:

Post a Comment