September 23, 2009

Ride Report 9/22

Solo 25.6 miles Riverside Blvd past Garcia Bend Park & back

Just an exploratory ride today. Riverside Blvd is one of the north-south streets with a good bike lane, so I decide to take it as far south as I feel like and then turn around. I first go to the bike trail south of the Sacramento Marina. I'm playing with fire here and the gods strike me down with a front flat in return. I have learned my lesson about biking that path. Never again! This is flat #4 on the Gatorskins. On a random side note, I recognize a cyclist from the Folsom Cyclebration criteriums who asks if I need help.

The houses south of Florin Rd are big and pretty and make for some nice daydreaming. I follow a bike path on the levee south of Garcia Bend Park, but it is blocked after a couple of miles due to construction. I amuse myself by passing judgment on the houses that back the levee and choose one or two I wouldn't mind owning. Who am I kidding--I'd take any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment