July 25, 2009

Roller Ride 7/24

After fasting overnight and then getting poked and prodded at the lab, I don't have much time in the afternoon for a ride, so I decide to try out the rollers T dropped off for me to work on my balance. I set it up in a doorway, as instructed, so that I could catch myself with my shoulders if I tipped over too far. When I first got on the bike on the rollers, I couldn't let go of the door frame without losing my balance. Then, something clicked and for a few short minutes, I caught the trick of looking ahead of me instead of down at the front tire. Then, I overbalanced and the front tire went off the roller. I was intending on doing at least 30 minutes on the rollers, so I got back on the bike, which promptly went sideways underneath me and I came down on the roller frame just below my right hip. That pretty much finished my first ride on the rollers.

No comments:

Post a Comment