July 28, 2009

Ride Report 7/28

32 miles in 2:20 on the Bianchi

I am starting to have a mental block about biking the American River trail. When I lived in Rancho Cordova, I couldn't get enough of the trail, but now I have to talk myself into it. Something about just going miles in the same direction, then turning around and backtracking does not appeal lately. I have a couple of alternate routes I wouldn't mind trying out, but I don't know how the water situation is and don't want to get stranded with empty water bottles miles from home.

So, to CSUS, east on the bike trail for 10+ miles, then turn around. Today's experimental energy bar is a Protein Plus(?) peanut butter chocolate bar. A tad heavy, but otherwise pretty good.

I'm wearing my Long's special over the frame sunglasses until I can afford to get prescription biking sunglasses. Unfortunately, they are a bit small to fit over my current glasses, so I'm wearing them over an old pair. The combination of an old prescription and the pinching on my temples is giving me a headache and making me a little nauseated and I decide I will go back to my little clip on shades for now.

I'm starting to recognize some of the other cyclists on the trail and gave/got a few friendly nods as we passed each other going the other way. I feel so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment