October 19, 2009

Ride Report 10/14

~30mi group ride to Elverta & back

I took a couple days off after the Condor Classic. Storm on Tuesday, but headed out Wednesday morning for the group ride. There are only three of us this morning, and we head north on E Levee road to Elverta and have breakfast at a little diner. It sprinkles while we eat, so I get to try out my new (too big) jacket on the ride back. The north branch of the bike trail has not been cleared of storm detritus yet, and at one point we have to walk our bikes through the mud to get around an entire tree that has fallen across the path. A little farther on, I get a flat tire. My spare tube is patched, but not well, and it goes flat a short time later. I get a spare tube from the ride leader and I get my patching skills, pump choice, and my use of liners all critiqued while the tube is changed. I make it home spattered in mud and haul the Trek into the backyard for a quick rinse off.

No comments:

Post a Comment