February 17, 2010

Ride Report 2/17/10

23.3 mi in 1:46, Guy West-Discovery Park & back

I'm beginning to doubt the veracity of the El Dorado Savings time/temperature sign, which says 77 degrees today. It is absolutely gorgeous out, but doesn't feel like it's almost 80. I have to wear my tights today due to wardrobe failure, but it ends up working out fine. I try not to lose my patience with the students that seem to drift aimlessly in the roads at Sac State. I know I was that young and self-absorbed once, but I didn't have the additional distraction of a cell phone or headphones.

A bit of a stiff breeze, but perfect biking weather. On the way back from Discovery Park, I try to catch up with a rider a bit ahead of me. I'm gaining ground until the rider ditches the bike path for Northgate Blvd. I check my speed and find that I am going 15.5-16mph. I keep it up until Northgate, then I slack off to my comfortable cruising speed of 14mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment