February 17, 2010

Ride Report 2/15/10

Partnered 21.9 mi in 1:49, east on ARP from Guy West Bridge & back via Bella Bru


This is a recovery ride for T (who has the day off, must be nice), but my normal dogged effort. It is officially a gorgeous day and time for shorts, short sleeves and fingerless gloves. It's a holiday for enough people that there is Sunday-level traffic on the bike path: couples and families sprawled across the trail (on bike and on foot) and the occasional team rider. The display at El Dorado Savings says 73 degrees!

Just past Sac State, a pleasant surprise for so early in the year: turkeys on the trail! Later, a tattooed shirtless man on a bicycle yodels/howls when he passes us and anyone else on the bike path. Spring fever?

We head out for 10 miles, then turn around and go to Bella Bru for lunch. The chopped cobb salad is delicious! I try the Naked protein smoothie. It's not bad, but needs to be drunk cold, so not a good ride option. The meal wakes my stomach up, and I'm grateful I have the smoothie in my back pocket for the ride back.

Slow time, but I blame it on having someone to talk to during my ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment