July 17, 2009

Ride Report 7/17

14.81 miles in 1:14 on the hybrid

Last night, the Bianchi got a small workover in preparation for Saturday's ride. The front tire now has a liner to prevent any more flats (caused by a thorn in the tire that has now killed 2 tubes in as many days). The rear wheel is trued (straightened) and new clip pedals installed (not the exact ones, but close). I have also been given a "real" bike helmet to replace my "cheap-looking" Bell Adrenaline (I'm alarmed to discover that the color of my helmet is "cyanotic"). The replacement helmet is red and looks like an alien skull. At least it matches the bike.

Trying not to begrudge wasted time this morning. I got in to the lab to do my glucose tolerance test, but they only do those between 8-8:30 am (it was 10am). The x-ray lab does not open until 11am, so I run an errand to the vet clinic (turning down their generous offer to take the three kittens some asshat left outside their front door in a box) and go back to the lab to be told the "x-ray guy" isn't in today. So, we'll try again next Friday when I have my rescheduled GTT.

In preparation for tomorrow's partnered distance (aka ass-kicking) ride, an easy spin ride today. It's nice to be able to throw on plain bike shorts, t-shirt and sneakers for once, along with my maligned helmet. A case of mistaken identity has be chasing a random cyclist for a short period on the bike trail and I get to mosey my way back to the levy via Expo and Commerce Blvds. Luckily, the hybrid handles packed dirt and gravel better than I do. It's HOT outside, and when I get home, I vow not to go outside until it's a civilized temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment